Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Crash victims in fight for life
- Scam gang conned elderly out of £250k
- Builders divert Victorian sewer pipe under i360
- In The Dock: Nine people who have appeared in court from Brighton and Hove
- Terminally ill music star records track to save polar bears