Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Campaign against Brighton station taxi rank plan launched
8:50am Monday 10th December 2012 in News
Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police incident in Brighton city centre
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Woman arrested under Met Police's Op Elveden told the investigation against her is dropped
- Man attacked with knife after complimenting woman on her appearance
- In-flight show to mark Shakespeare's birth
Comments are closed on this article.