Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Squat stabbings - suspects released on bail
- West Pier revival is back on the agenda
- TRANSPORT UPDATE: Delays up to half an hour expected on Sussex trains into London
- More to pay as council is hit by Government cuts
- Emergency patients 'left lying on trolleys'