Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion's promotion chase reaches fever pitch
- New million pound restaurant set for seafront site
- Fears rise as four GP practices in Brighton and Hove look likely to close
- Parents protest over "stressful" SATS could cost them £60 fines
- PICTURE GALLERY: Baking, burritos and bugs in foodie festival weekend