Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Person killed in Brighton flat fire
- Four people injured after first-floor balcony collapses into basement
- Politicians at loggerheads over Parliament's right to overturn Brexit vote
- Woman raped in car park near Devil's Dyke
- Delight after new owner agrees to put the Palace back in the pier