Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police uncover huge haul of weapons following drugs raid on one bed flat in Brighton
- UPDATE: Child hit by car on road near school
- UPDATE: War hero's grieving mum robbed of final memories
- UPDATE: Severe delays and cancellations to trains in Sussex due to signalling problems
- CCTV: Pirate attacks man during family fun-day