People across Sussex are bracing themselves for another cold spell as freezing temperatures hit the county.
The Met Office has issued a Cold Weather Level 2 alert for the south east, and advising NHS and social care services to be prepared.
Prolonged periods of cold weather can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.
Temperatures could plunge to as low as -3C overnight tomorrow (December 11) and are not expected to climb higher than 3C or 4C over the next three days.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Five deaths at one Brighton hospital unit revealed as treatment deemed not fit for purpose
- Pressure mounts on councillors to reject application for Brighton Wheel to stay but officers say it can remain
- Half a dozen wires discovered spanning cycle tracks through Coldean Woods
- Broken fire hydrant sends spectacular geyser of water over passing motorists
- Can you help find student Chay Dunn who has not been seen for ten days?