People across Sussex are bracing themselves for another cold spell as freezing temperatures hit the county.
The Met Office has issued a Cold Weather Level 2 alert for the south east, and advising NHS and social care services to be prepared.
Prolonged periods of cold weather can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.
Temperatures could plunge to as low as -3C overnight tomorrow (December 11) and are not expected to climb higher than 3C or 4C over the next three days.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Crew use thermal imaging camera to find man laying in burning Brighton flat
- Councillors approve £540 million development plans to reinvigorate Brighton seafront
- NHS releases staff Christmas party guidelines to avoid disciplinary, dismissal or a discrimination claims
- Pair of teenagers missing for two days
- MP calls for council boss to intervene on bus cuts decision