A woman fought off a smelly attacker with a shoe.
The 31-year-old local woman was grabbed from behind by an unknown man as she walked along Milfoil Drive, Eastbourne, on Saturday.
The woman told police that at about 9.30pm on Saturday, December 8 a man grabbed her around the neck and tried to pull her to the ground but ran off after she hit him with her shoe.
Officers are investigating the incident which was reported to them on Sunday by carrying out forensic examinations, making local enquiries and viewing CCTV from the area.
The suspect is described as white, 5' 10", dressed in a dark bomber style jacket, a beanie hat and had bad body odour.
Detective Sergeant John Stevens from East Sussex CID said: "The victim is understandably very shaken and we are appealing for anyone who was in the area and witnessed any suspicious activity to please come forward.”
Anyone with information should call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 589 of 9/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families