A woman fought off a smelly attacker with a shoe.
The 31-year-old local woman was grabbed from behind by an unknown man as she walked along Milfoil Drive, Eastbourne, on Saturday.
The woman told police that at about 9.30pm on Saturday, December 8 a man grabbed her around the neck and tried to pull her to the ground but ran off after she hit him with her shoe.
Officers are investigating the incident which was reported to them on Sunday by carrying out forensic examinations, making local enquiries and viewing CCTV from the area.
The suspect is described as white, 5' 10", dressed in a dark bomber style jacket, a beanie hat and had bad body odour.
Detective Sergeant John Stevens from East Sussex CID said: "The victim is understandably very shaken and we are appealing for anyone who was in the area and witnessed any suspicious activity to please come forward.”
Anyone with information should call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 589 of 9/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police officers raid Sussex home of DJ "Dr" Fox in sexual assault investigation
- UPDATED: Workman air lifted to hospital with serious head injuries after falling 15 ft on construction site
- RACIST ATTACK: Man fined for assault in Brighton nightclub
- BIN STRIKE: Council warned by union bosses the ball is in their court
- CAR FREE: Busy Brighton shopping street could be next to be pedestrianised