A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Shana Grice: Police release murder suspect on bail
- We’ll all miss fun-loving, incredible family man
- Restaurant raided by immigration officials: We checked worker’s documents
- Blaze-hit school’s pupils to remain in town during repair
- Cinema site is secured following arson attack