A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove should break away and become the Monaco of the UK
- Caulfield: It’s a daunting task but I will address worries on both sides
- Lucas: I’m devastated. The public was duped by great big fat lies
- 'Don't you know the borders are closed?' Councillor heckled at during speech
- Kyle: Corbyn should step up or make way