A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Troubleshooter appointed to help inadequate hospital
- Student expelled following drugs arrest
- Get ready for new police drama The Level set in Brighton
- Hove man at centre of football revelations
- Friend of victim of missing murder described his shock at the authorities incompetence in letting him escape for third time.