A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Enough is enough - end this train misery
- Thug who ran down PC caught playing X-Box Live under 'Cop Killer' profile
- Brighton's top cop to leave city
- Training could save lives, family plea after death of son in plane crash
- Bishops seek end to 'circle of blame' in Southern Railway dispute