A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man charged with attempted murder after woman stabbed multiple times
- Hospital scare for girl after she sits on used needle
- Police return to area where murdered student found
- Firefighters drafted in to help rescue seagull trapped in netting
- Future now secure for 100-year-old care home