A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You silly little boy: Police organise meeting with family of teenager who mocked deaths of Leeds fans in online picture
- Brighton bus services saved after company and council come to agreement
- Brighton's Dungeon Bar will have beer and bondage but will be a "safe place for people to explore their sexual desires"
- Death of five-year-old boy who drowned in pool while on family holiday deemed accidental
- Green Party members investigate new model for cannabis - making it legal and having the council sell it