Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Heating sparks fear of major fire at new Amex building
A fire scare was sparked by the heaters of a new office block.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a major response believing the entire roof for the new American Express building in John Street, Brighton, was alight at about 1am this morning.
But when four fire engines and two response cars arrived at the building following calls from concerned neighbours, they found the suspected smoke was steam from the central heating system.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bognor man to appear in court over hit-and-run murder charge
- Fatboy in Brighton Festival video celebration
- Newspaper claims police set to be called in over Albion dressing room incident
- WITH VIDEO: Lorry stuck under bridge in Hove
- Van drove off after three-car accident