A man was left in the freezing cold in his socks after he was robbed of his trainers in a violent late-night robbery.
Two friends were walking home through Alexandra Park, Hastings at about 1am on Saturday morning when they passed two men who asked for a light for a cigarette.
The suspects then demanded a mobile phone the pair were using as a torch and a £10 note from one of the victims.
When one of the men resisted, he was punched in the face which knocked off his glasses.
The offender then tried to help him find his glasses before telling him to take off his trainers and to give him his mobile phone before both suspects headed off towards the direction of the town centre.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 142 of 08/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Election 2015: Voters in the UK go to the polls
- Garage searched and friend arrested as part of investigation into disappearance of bomb disposal expert
- Model aeroplane enthusiasts told not to fly near Shoreham Airport after crash with light aircraft
- Witness to alleged rape in Brighton hostel ‘vilified’ by the accused perpetrator
- Five secret open air swimming spots in Sussex revealed