A man was left in the freezing cold in his socks after he was robbed of his trainers in a violent late-night robbery.
Two friends were walking home through Alexandra Park, Hastings at about 1am on Saturday morning when they passed two men who asked for a light for a cigarette.
The suspects then demanded a mobile phone the pair were using as a torch and a £10 note from one of the victims.
When one of the men resisted, he was punched in the face which knocked off his glasses.
The offender then tried to help him find his glasses before telling him to take off his trainers and to give him his mobile phone before both suspects headed off towards the direction of the town centre.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 142 of 08/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- NINE drug dealers jailed as police smash city crime ring
- Serious four vehicle crash closes A259 during morning rush hour
- Sentence increased for pair who carried out homophobic attack in Brighton
- Motorcyclist dies after head on collision with lorry on the A27
- Average speed camera system goes live on Marine Parade, Brighton