Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
University cancels film screening
3:40pm Tuesday 11th December 2012 in News
The University of Brighton has cancelled the screening of a controversial film following a student backlash.
The documentary House of Numbers has been dismissed by academics and health experts worldwide as AIDS denialist propaganda.
The film, which claims the HIV virus does not cause AIDS, was due to be shown tomorrow (December 12).
However, following a backlash from students and health groups, the university has cancelled the screening.
A spokesman said: “The screening of this film was organised by an individual member of university staff who has no academic or professional expertise in health sciences.
“Our position is clear: We regard HIV and AIDS as extremely serious matters of concern; we provide our students with advice and we support research concerning these issues.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
Comments are closed on this article.