The University of Brighton has cancelled the screening of a controversial film following a student backlash.
The documentary House of Numbers has been dismissed by academics and health experts worldwide as AIDS denialist propaganda.
The film, which claims the HIV virus does not cause AIDS, was due to be shown tomorrow (December 12).
However, following a backlash from students and health groups, the university has cancelled the screening.
A spokesman said: “The screening of this film was organised by an individual member of university staff who has no academic or professional expertise in health sciences.
“Our position is clear: We regard HIV and AIDS as extremely serious matters of concern; we provide our students with advice and we support research concerning these issues.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Rape victim speaks out as step-father is sentenced to 16 years in prison
- Memorial bike ride in memory of Shoreham Airshow victims Mark Trussler and Mark Reeves
- GP practice rated outstanding by inspectors
- Voice contestant records song in tribute to Shoreham Airshow victims
- Are you ready to be part of the Snowdog patrol?