An electric car charger has been snapped up in an £8.5 million deal.
Elektromotive Limited has been bought by Chargemaster Plc.
The firm based at the Sussex Innovation centre in Falmer introduced the first charging points outside London.
There are 14 points in Brighton and 12 across the county.
The acquisition is subject to approval by the shareholders of the Singapore based holding company of Elektromotive, Elektromotive Group Ltd.
Bosses said the new company will be a leading European provider of electric charging equipment. They said the deal will enable the group to compete on an international level.
Chargemaster has its UK headquarters in Luton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Supermum saves daughter from chocking on gobstopper
- Claws for thought as Peacehaven beauty queen is caged to highlight tigers' plight
- It's our birthday: The Argus celebrates 135 years
- Your voices heard by the council: Petitions backed by 13,000 considered
- The moment dog missing for six months is reunited with happy owner