An electric car charger has been snapped up in an £8.5 million deal.
Elektromotive Limited has been bought by Chargemaster Plc.
The firm based at the Sussex Innovation centre in Falmer introduced the first charging points outside London.
There are 14 points in Brighton and 12 across the county.
The acquisition is subject to approval by the shareholders of the Singapore based holding company of Elektromotive, Elektromotive Group Ltd.
Bosses said the new company will be a leading European provider of electric charging equipment. They said the deal will enable the group to compete on an international level.
Chargemaster has its UK headquarters in Luton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria