An electric car charger has been snapped up in an £8.5 million deal.
Elektromotive Limited has been bought by Chargemaster Plc.
The firm based at the Sussex Innovation centre in Falmer introduced the first charging points outside London.
There are 14 points in Brighton and 12 across the county.
The acquisition is subject to approval by the shareholders of the Singapore based holding company of Elektromotive, Elektromotive Group Ltd.
Bosses said the new company will be a leading European provider of electric charging equipment. They said the deal will enable the group to compete on an international level.
Chargemaster has its UK headquarters in Luton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Woman sexually assaulted in Brighton alleyway
- Man arrested after five Brighton and Hove betting shops are vandalised
- In The Dock: Three people who have appeared in court from Hove
- Residents evacuated in flat fire
- Kitten sealed inside plastic box and thrown over Portslade fence