Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Luton company snaps up Brighton-based car charger in £8.5 million deal
10:02am Thursday 13th December 2012 in News
An electric car charger has been snapped up in an £8.5 million deal.
Elektromotive Limited has been bought by Chargemaster Plc.
The firm based at the Sussex Innovation centre in Falmer introduced the first charging points outside London.
There are 14 points in Brighton and 12 across the county.
The acquisition is subject to approval by the shareholders of the Singapore based holding company of Elektromotive, Elektromotive Group Ltd.
Bosses said the new company will be a leading European provider of electric charging equipment. They said the deal will enable the group to compete on an international level.
Chargemaster has its UK headquarters in Luton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caroline Lucas found not guilty in anti-fracking protest trial
- VIDEO: Caroline Lucas speaks outside court
- Have your say: Should the West Pier be dismantled?
- Man strolling along M23 was 'walking to London'
- Raw sewage found in kebab shop
Comments are closed on this article.