An electric car charger has been snapped up in an £8.5 million deal.
Elektromotive Limited has been bought by Chargemaster Plc.
The firm based at the Sussex Innovation centre in Falmer introduced the first charging points outside London.
There are 14 points in Brighton and 12 across the county.
The acquisition is subject to approval by the shareholders of the Singapore based holding company of Elektromotive, Elektromotive Group Ltd.
Bosses said the new company will be a leading European provider of electric charging equipment. They said the deal will enable the group to compete on an international level.
Chargemaster has its UK headquarters in Luton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UKIP MEP under fire over statement made over illegal immigrants in Sussex
- Heartbreak for family as mother, 46, loses fight for life
- New seafront square to celebrate West Pier
- PICTURES: House fire tackled by six crews
- Crash between motorbike and car causes severe delays on coast road