An electric car charger has been snapped up in an £8.5 million deal.
Elektromotive Limited has been bought by Chargemaster Plc.
The firm based at the Sussex Innovation centre in Falmer introduced the first charging points outside London.
There are 14 points in Brighton and 12 across the county.
The acquisition is subject to approval by the shareholders of the Singapore based holding company of Elektromotive, Elektromotive Group Ltd.
Bosses said the new company will be a leading European provider of electric charging equipment. They said the deal will enable the group to compete on an international level.
Chargemaster has its UK headquarters in Luton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Illegal immigrant without driving licence jailed for killing cyclist
- Animal rights activists’ threats force children's charity to cancel fundraiser
- Plain clothes police officers monitoring traveller encampments after residents complaints
- Fraud victim who helped catch £100,000 gang of con artists who posed as police officers speaks out
- Do you recognise this woman trying to buy £2500 in Euros using a fake bank card?