Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Elderly couple inquest opened and adjourned
11:04am Thursday 13th December 2012 in News
A husband who died less than two weeks after being questioned over the death of his wife had been battling terminal cancer.
Inquests into the deaths of Frederick and Mary Saunders, of Court Farm Road, Hove, were opened and adjourned on Wednesday, December 12.
A post mortem on Mrs Saunders did not establish a cause of death and further forensic tests are being carried out.
The results are not expected for some weeks.
Mrs Saunders's nephew, Paul Sands, from Seaford, paid tribute to the couple in a statement on behalf of both families.
He said: “The close families of Fred and Mary Saunders would like to express their deep sadness and shock at the circumstances leading to their recent deaths.
“Fred had been battling against terminal cancer and as his health had deteriorated, Mary struggled with the thought of life without her husband of 52 happy years.
“They loved each other very much and were very close, none of us could have imagined that they would come to such a tragic end but we are pleased they are both now at peace."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Brighton and Hove schools are doing better than ever but attainment divide is still in evidence
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
Comments are closed on this article.