Fire fighters were hampered by parked cars at a fire in Park Crescent, Brighton this morning.
The fire started in the kitchen on the garden side of the crescent.
One man who lives alone at the flat was unhurt.
Smoke affected neighbouring properties.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bid to make Brighton seafront a year-round attraction
- Jewish couple appalled to find antiques store selling Nazi swastika armband
- Star chef on course to be crowned nation's best
- Parking firm tells pregnant woman she must pay up
- Labour won't back down over fee rises to sports clubs