A flood warning has been issued for Bosham and West Itchenor.
Chichester Police said flooding is expected in including Chidham, Broadbridge, and Bosham Hoe two hours before high tide this morning (December 14) at 11:32.
A spokesman said: “Large winds and waves will be generated today as low pressure moves across the region. Combined with the high spring tides just before midday today, there is the possibility of tidal flooding.
"We expect Shore Road in Bosham to be under water as well as lower parts of Bosham Lane and the High Street. Tides are not forecast to be as high as in October 2012 however.
"Tides will remain high in the area for much of the weekend.
"We will continue to monitor the situation and will update this message for subsequent tides if we feel there is the possibility of flooding.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- All hail the return of the Palace to our Pier's name
- District judge and his former lover facing jail for stealing £1 million from clients
- Revealed: Teenager used cash made on fake Bestival tickets to fund lavish lifestyle
- Developers claim £45m Aquarena tower will not be second homes’
- Barrage of criticism over police tax plans