A grieving family of a motorcyclist who died in Brighton have released a picture of him in “happier times”.
This image of father-of-four Chris Reilly has been released just days after he died in a road accident at the junction of Bear Road and Tenantry Down Road at 8.35pm on Tuesday, December 11.
The family said they wanted to remember Chris as the “loveable chap” he was as they come to terms with the loss of the 24-year-old from Brighton.
Sussex Police are still investigating what happened in the collision between Mr Reilly’s Yamaha motorcycle and a red BMW, and are looking for witnesses.
His sister Donna told The Argus: “That picture is from happier times.
“We were all doing motocross together as a family and Chris was with his nephews and his brother-in-law Andy, who he absolutely idolised and looked up to.
“That’s what my brother loved – it was the happiest time of his life.”
Tributes from friends
Bouquets and personal notes have been left at the roadside near to the accident site and tributes have been left on both Facebook and The Argus website.
His sister told The Argus that the tributes, as well as phone calls and texts from friends, had been a great comfort to the family.
She said: “It’s nice to see what people thought of him and it’s nice that so many knew him as a likeable chap.
“He was just a boy at the end of the day.
“We would like to thank all the well-wishers who have phoned us and texted us and also those who have respected our privacy.
“We also want to give Chris’ best friend a mention, Grant McCarthy, for all his support. He has been an absolute rock.”
Anyone who witnessed what happened or saw either vehicle is asked to call police on 101 quoting Operation Lindfield or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Parents’ shock at STI tests offered to 15-year-olds in Brighton and Hove schools
- What could be the lasting impact of the Scottish referendum for the people of Sussex be?
- Sussex MP blasts 10% pay rise which would add £7k to their salaries as ‘out of touch’
- Couple who faulsely claimed £113k in benefits by pretending they had split up are jailed for fraud
- Brighton's Bake Off star Kate Henry: "I’ve gone from doing the school run to everyone knowing who I am"