The ArgusFirefighters called to tackle blaze in public toilets (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Firefighters called to tackle blaze in public toilets

Firefighters were called out this morning (December 15) to tackle a fire in a public toilet block.

The crew from the Preston Circus, Brighton, station, made the short journey to the Royal Pavilion Gardens toilets at 8.11 this morning .

Buckets of water were used to extinguish the flames and the crew left the scene shortly after 8.45am.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:32am Sat 15 Dec 12

Athena says...

Yes, and . . . . ?
Yes, and . . . . ? Athena
  • Score: 0

11:04am Sat 15 Dec 12

charlie smirke says...

This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.
This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have. charlie smirke
  • Score: 0

11:08am Sat 15 Dec 12

mark by the sea says...

charlie smirke wrote:
This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.
Vandalism is beyond a joke, why can't we have zero tolerance with the courts, make the parents pay for the damage.. You don't get this behaviour in poor countries ..
[quote][p][bold]charlie smirke[/bold] wrote: This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.[/p][/quote]Vandalism is beyond a joke, why can't we have zero tolerance with the courts, make the parents pay for the damage.. You don't get this behaviour in poor countries .. mark by the sea
  • Score: 0

11:35am Sat 15 Dec 12

earloflucan says...

That must have been one hell of a Curry the night before!
That must have been one hell of a Curry the night before! earloflucan
  • Score: 0

11:41am Sat 15 Dec 12

Martha Gunn says...

Maybe the ghost of John Morley returning to burn down the public lavatories he so hated?
Maybe the ghost of John Morley returning to burn down the public lavatories he so hated? Martha Gunn
  • Score: 0

11:48am Sat 15 Dec 12

beano mcbean says...

I believe there is an opportunity that can be used against young criminals. If they have been in a similar sort of trouble before then the parents can be made to pay. But when you are allowed to hire a bent lawyer so that your child can get off murder why worry about a burnt out crapper.
I believe there is an opportunity that can be used against young criminals. If they have been in a similar sort of trouble before then the parents can be made to pay. But when you are allowed to hire a bent lawyer so that your child can get off murder why worry about a burnt out crapper. beano mcbean
  • Score: 0

12:34pm Sat 15 Dec 12

Lady Smith says...

'Buckets of water were used to extinguish the flames.' I see rocket science was utilised, then..
'Buckets of water were used to extinguish the flames.' I see rocket science was utilised, then.. Lady Smith
  • Score: 0

3:36pm Sat 15 Dec 12

qm says...

mark by the sea wrote:
charlie smirke wrote:
This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.
Vandalism is beyond a joke, why can't we have zero tolerance with the courts, make the parents pay for the damage.. You don't get this behaviour in poor countries ..
This is true, in such places the public toilets are to be found behind the nearest tree . . . .
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]charlie smirke[/bold] wrote: This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.[/p][/quote]Vandalism is beyond a joke, why can't we have zero tolerance with the courts, make the parents pay for the damage.. You don't get this behaviour in poor countries ..[/p][/quote]This is true, in such places the public toilets are to be found behind the nearest tree . . . . qm
  • Score: 0

9:27pm Sat 15 Dec 12

sussexram40 says...

I hope nobody was engaging in the hobby known as cottaging at the time. A singed personal area would be very painful.
I hope nobody was engaging in the hobby known as cottaging at the time. A singed personal area would be very painful. sussexram40
  • Score: 0

12:48am Sun 16 Dec 12

The Real Phil says...

Back in the day each public toilet had it's own attendant. This sort (or any sort) of vandalism just didn't exist. The salary of said toilet attendants was much less than the cost of repairing any damage caused by valdals. Do we see a solution here?
Back in the day each public toilet had it's own attendant. This sort (or any sort) of vandalism just didn't exist. The salary of said toilet attendants was much less than the cost of repairing any damage caused by valdals. Do we see a solution here? The Real Phil
  • Score: 0

7:32am Sun 16 Dec 12

Somethingsarejustwrong says...

The Real Phil wrote:
Back in the day each public toilet had it's own attendant. This sort (or any sort) of vandalism just didn't exist. The salary of said toilet attendants was much less than the cost of repairing any damage caused by valdals. Do we see a solution here?
Ridiculous idea.

The real solution is to incarcerate the homeless street drinkers.
[quote][p][bold]The Real Phil[/bold] wrote: Back in the day each public toilet had it's own attendant. This sort (or any sort) of vandalism just didn't exist. The salary of said toilet attendants was much less than the cost of repairing any damage caused by valdals. Do we see a solution here?[/p][/quote]Ridiculous idea. The real solution is to incarcerate the homeless street drinkers. Somethingsarejustwrong
  • Score: 0

8:31am Sun 16 Dec 12

John Steed says...

qm wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
charlie smirke wrote:
This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.
Vandalism is beyond a joke, why can't we have zero tolerance with the courts, make the parents pay for the damage.. You don't get this behaviour in poor countries ..
This is true, in such places the public toilets are to be found behind the nearest tree . . . .
eeh when I were lad, they kept trees locked in park. must have been t' stop poor foreigners widdlin behind em. No such problem these days,doaslikeys had park gates fer metal, fence an all, and poor foreigners cut down trees fer wood t' heat 'ouse. must be foreigners livin in karzi,
[quote][p][bold]qm[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]charlie smirke[/bold] wrote: This was presumably started by some half-wit. We have few enough public toilets as it is, without idiots trying to destroy the ones we do have.[/p][/quote]Vandalism is beyond a joke, why can't we have zero tolerance with the courts, make the parents pay for the damage.. You don't get this behaviour in poor countries ..[/p][/quote]This is true, in such places the public toilets are to be found behind the nearest tree . . . .[/p][/quote]eeh when I were lad, they kept trees locked in park. must have been t' stop poor foreigners widdlin behind em. No such problem these days,doaslikeys had park gates fer metal, fence an all, and poor foreigners cut down trees fer wood t' heat 'ouse. must be foreigners livin in karzi, John Steed
  • Score: 0

3:15pm Sun 16 Dec 12

ButtNuggets says...

Athena wrote:
Yes, and . . . . ?
Sorry, what is your point with this comment you have posted?
[quote][p][bold]Athena[/bold] wrote: Yes, and . . . . ?[/p][/quote]Sorry, what is your point with this comment you have posted? ButtNuggets
  • Score: 0

12:16am Mon 17 Dec 12

Athena says...

ButtNuggets wrote:
Athena wrote:
Yes, and . . . . ?
Sorry, what is your point with this comment you have posted?
What caused the fire? How did they find out about it? Was there much damage? If it only took buckets to put it out, then it wasn't a "blaze", but a small fire. It's a filler story about nothing.
[quote][p][bold]ButtNuggets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Athena[/bold] wrote: Yes, and . . . . ?[/p][/quote]Sorry, what is your point with this comment you have posted?[/p][/quote]What caused the fire? How did they find out about it? Was there much damage? If it only took buckets to put it out, then it wasn't a "blaze", but a small fire. It's a filler story about nothing. Athena
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree