The jury in the Gary Hampson murder trial is considering its verdict.
The jury retired at 10.50am today (December 17), at the end of a trial at Hove Crown Court which began on October 31.
Daniel Alexander, 62, of no fixed abode, is accused of murdering Mr Hampson, 42, at the Kop Cars garage in Little Western Street, Brighton, in January 2011.
Alexander, Roy Bartup, 58, of Natal Road, Brighton, and Alan Topping, 49, of no fixed abode, are accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice by dumping the body – which has never been found.
Alexander’s girlfriend, Linda Rosenberg, 67, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, is accused of perverting the course of justice by trying to persuade Bartup to confess to the killing.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for seven years for rape of two girls
- Four fire crews sent to scene of hard landing by glider pilot
- Body discovered at the foot of Beachy Head after missing person alert
- Teenager taken to hospital after being repeatedly kicked in the head by yobs
- Drugged thug jailed for ten years for attack which left victim thinking he was going to die