The jury in the Gary Hampson murder trial is considering its verdict.
The jury retired at 10.50am today (December 17), at the end of a trial at Hove Crown Court which began on October 31.
Daniel Alexander, 62, of no fixed abode, is accused of murdering Mr Hampson, 42, at the Kop Cars garage in Little Western Street, Brighton, in January 2011.
Alexander, Roy Bartup, 58, of Natal Road, Brighton, and Alan Topping, 49, of no fixed abode, are accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice by dumping the body – which has never been found.
Alexander’s girlfriend, Linda Rosenberg, 67, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, is accused of perverting the course of justice by trying to persuade Bartup to confess to the killing.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Police hunt man after girl, 14, raped near field in Ovingdean
- Mum quits job to enter competitions full time after winning £250,000 in prizes
- Drugs wizard jailed for developing chemistry lab in Ovingdean says time behind bars was ‘awesome’
- VIDEO: Tragedy feared from planes flying ‘dangerously low’ over Shoreham