The jury in the Gary Hampson murder trial is considering its verdict.
The jury retired at 10.50am today (December 17), at the end of a trial at Hove Crown Court which began on October 31.
Daniel Alexander, 62, of no fixed abode, is accused of murdering Mr Hampson, 42, at the Kop Cars garage in Little Western Street, Brighton, in January 2011.
Alexander, Roy Bartup, 58, of Natal Road, Brighton, and Alan Topping, 49, of no fixed abode, are accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice by dumping the body – which has never been found.
Alexander’s girlfriend, Linda Rosenberg, 67, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, is accused of perverting the course of justice by trying to persuade Bartup to confess to the killing.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Motorist in hospital after early morning A27 crash which closed road
- Brighton train more overcrowded than Indian rail network
- Southern seeks ACAS talks in bid to end rail union dispute
- Warning over dehydration as the number of elderly people in hospital on the rise
- Parents accuse vicar of forcing closure of pre-school club through rent hike