The jury in the Gary Hampson murder trial is considering its verdict.
The jury retired at 10.50am today (December 17), at the end of a trial at Hove Crown Court which began on October 31.
Daniel Alexander, 62, of no fixed abode, is accused of murdering Mr Hampson, 42, at the Kop Cars garage in Little Western Street, Brighton, in January 2011.
Alexander, Roy Bartup, 58, of Natal Road, Brighton, and Alan Topping, 49, of no fixed abode, are accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice by dumping the body – which has never been found.
Alexander’s girlfriend, Linda Rosenberg, 67, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, is accused of perverting the course of justice by trying to persuade Bartup to confess to the killing.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Minister announces he will step down at general election to "make way for younger candidate"
- Dreaming of a white February
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Six of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again