The jury in the Gary Hampson murder trial is considering its verdict.
The jury retired at 10.50am today (December 17), at the end of a trial at Hove Crown Court which began on October 31.
Daniel Alexander, 62, of no fixed abode, is accused of murdering Mr Hampson, 42, at the Kop Cars garage in Little Western Street, Brighton, in January 2011.
Alexander, Roy Bartup, 58, of Natal Road, Brighton, and Alan Topping, 49, of no fixed abode, are accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice by dumping the body – which has never been found.
Alexander’s girlfriend, Linda Rosenberg, 67, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, is accused of perverting the course of justice by trying to persuade Bartup to confess to the killing.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Policeman left paralysed after accident while on holiday with young family
- Yummy steak and kidney pie is the best! Sussex farm shop scoops gold at awards ceremony
- Band bans all phones from their secret Brighton gig
- Couple set to break the record for oldest to marry when they tie the knot on his 103rd birthday
- Youngsters dance their way to the top of international contest