Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Jury out in Hampson murder trial
11:41am Monday 17th December 2012 in News
The jury in the Gary Hampson murder trial is considering its verdict.
The jury retired at 10.50am today (December 17), at the end of a trial at Hove Crown Court which began on October 31.
Daniel Alexander, 62, of no fixed abode, is accused of murdering Mr Hampson, 42, at the Kop Cars garage in Little Western Street, Brighton, in January 2011.
Alexander, Roy Bartup, 58, of Natal Road, Brighton, and Alan Topping, 49, of no fixed abode, are accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice by dumping the body – which has never been found.
Alexander’s girlfriend, Linda Rosenberg, 67, of Montpelier Road, Brighton, is accused of perverting the course of justice by trying to persuade Bartup to confess to the killing.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Jeremy Forrest trial: Teacher refuses to give evidence in court
- Living by sea in places like Brighton and Hove key to happiness
- Business owners fight back over Brighton and Hove bin strike
- Plaque at Brighton home to mark former residence of famous artist John Constable
- Troubled nursing home will close down