A driver in his 60s is in a serious condition in hospital after crashing a school bus crash.
The accident near Albourne just before 4pm today (Tuesday, December 18) left the coach in a ditch and the driver trapped in his car.
He had to be cut out by fire crews and was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital with multiple injuries.
The driver of the bus was unhurt.
Sussex Police said there were no children on the bus, but an eye witness at the scene said there were three young passengers, but none were hurt.
Shaves Wood Lane is expected to remain closed until 9pm as the police investigated the scene and recover the coach and car.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- UPDATE: 35-year-old Newhaven man killed after being hit by a lorry
- Road closed in both directions after crash between cyclist and car
- Santa arrested after gluing himself to doors of Barclays Bank
- Motorist loses their way at Vogue Gyratory and ends up in... the cycle lane