A driver in his 60s is in a serious condition in hospital after crashing a school bus crash.
The accident near Albourne just before 4pm today (Tuesday, December 18) left the coach in a ditch and the driver trapped in his car.
He had to be cut out by fire crews and was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital with multiple injuries.
The driver of the bus was unhurt.
Sussex Police said there were no children on the bus, but an eye witness at the scene said there were three young passengers, but none were hurt.
Shaves Wood Lane is expected to remain closed until 9pm as the police investigated the scene and recover the coach and car.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You silly little boy: Police organise meeting with family of teenager who mocked deaths of Leeds fans in online picture
- Brighton bus services saved after company and council come to agreement
- Brighton's Dungeon Bar will have beer and bondage but will be a "safe place for people to explore their sexual desires"
- Road blocked due to accident on A27 at Hollingbury
- Accident involving bus in Newhaven