A driver in his 60s is in a serious condition in hospital after crashing a school bus crash.
The accident near Albourne just before 4pm today (Tuesday, December 18) left the coach in a ditch and the driver trapped in his car.
He had to be cut out by fire crews and was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital with multiple injuries.
The driver of the bus was unhurt.
Sussex Police said there were no children on the bus, but an eye witness at the scene said there were three young passengers, but none were hurt.
Shaves Wood Lane is expected to remain closed until 9pm as the police investigated the scene and recover the coach and car.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Legal executive jailed for stealing £100k from her clients
- 10 top tips to keep cool on what is expected to be the hottest day of the year
- University of Sussex expansion plans "inappropriate and insensitive" claim Brighton and Hove City Council legal team
- New runway should be built at Heathrow rather than at Gatwick
- Council slammed for blocking petition against "bumper six-figure payout" to former chief executive