Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Driver fighting for life after school bus crash
8:19pm Tuesday 18th December 2012 in News
A driver in his 60s is in a serious condition in hospital after crashing a school bus crash.
The accident near Albourne just before 4pm today (Tuesday, December 18) left the coach in a ditch and the driver trapped in his car.
He had to be cut out by fire crews and was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital with multiple injuries.
The driver of the bus was unhurt.
Sussex Police said there were no children on the bus, but an eye witness at the scene said there were three young passengers, but none were hurt.
Shaves Wood Lane is expected to remain closed until 9pm as the police investigated the scene and recover the coach and car.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Update: Lights back on in Preston Circus
- Woman, 85, 'blames herself' after thieves prey on her friendliness to steal £2,000
- VIDEO: Drag racing with a difference along Brighton seafront for Sport Relief
- Bus boss to meet disgruntled passengers over Coldean service
- Lawyers stage strike over cuts to legal aid
Comments are closed on this article.