Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Beaver leader in Brighton court on child sex assault charge
9:10am Friday 21st December 2012 in News
A former Beaver leader was accused of sexual assault by a child who had seen the same claim made on a satirical cartoon, at Brighton Crown Court was told.
Jason Asthana, 32, has denied two counts of sexual assault on a child and one of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity between August 2009 and August 2010.
The boy told his parents Asthana told him to take his pants down, then took a photograph.
Gareth Underhill, defending, told the jury in his closing speech yesterday (December 20) that the boy had seen an episode of the television programme South Park.
He said: “That one episode of South Park depicts the introduction of a new Beaver leader who tells the children to take their trousers down, takes photographs and tells them not to tell anybody.”
The case continues.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
- Drinkers locked out of pub besiege staff and customers
- Investigations launched after workman dies from pier fall
- Father's plea to burglars over pictures