A crash on the A27 is causing delays this morning as people head back to work after Christmas.
The incident happened at about 8.15am on the eastbound carriageway before the A270 Lewes Road.
Traffic is queueing along the stretch of road down the hill before the unviersity, heading towards Lewes.
A spokesman from Sussex Police said: "Police and East Sussex Fire and Rescue are currently attending a minor injury road traffic collision on the A27, Falmer, Brighton involving a green Clio and a black Fiesta.
"Road traffic officers were called to the scene, between Ditchling Road and Falmer, at around 8.15am.
"The central reservation has been damaged and lane two going eastbound appears to be blocked."
Those returning to work on the trains are having a better morning with Southern Rail reporting only one issue.
The 9:38 Haywards Heath to Littlehampton train due at 10:28 has been cancelled due to a fault.
- JAILED: The man who stabbed his mother 11 times in a drug-fuelled haze and cut off his genitals
- 22-year-old man found dead in Brighton property
- Wheel v i360: Battle continues as both sides remain defiant
- Teenager has bottle smashed over his head on train to Brighton in "mindless act of violence"
- It's the best location for taking pictures: High praise for Sussex from award winning photographer