A crash on the A27 is causing delays this morning as people head back to work after Christmas.
The incident happened at about 8.15am on the eastbound carriageway before the A270 Lewes Road.
Traffic is queueing along the stretch of road down the hill before the unviersity, heading towards Lewes.
A spokesman from Sussex Police said: "Police and East Sussex Fire and Rescue are currently attending a minor injury road traffic collision on the A27, Falmer, Brighton involving a green Clio and a black Fiesta.
"Road traffic officers were called to the scene, between Ditchling Road and Falmer, at around 8.15am.
"The central reservation has been damaged and lane two going eastbound appears to be blocked."
Those returning to work on the trains are having a better morning with Southern Rail reporting only one issue.
The 9:38 Haywards Heath to Littlehampton train due at 10:28 has been cancelled due to a fault.
- Officers saved woman stabbed 150 times
- i360 to shut for the weekend for repairs after pod shudders to a halt
- Call The Midwife writer at the hub of the story
- Boots pharmacist, 37, died after ‘fall back into heroin’
- Rail users are not being fully informed of their rights