Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Crash on A27 near Falmer causing delays
9:06am Thursday 27th December 2012 in News
A crash on the A27 is causing delays this morning as people head back to work after Christmas.
The incident happened at about 8.15am on the eastbound carriageway before the A270 Lewes Road.
Traffic is queueing along the stretch of road down the hill before the unviersity, heading towards Lewes.
A spokesman from Sussex Police said: "Police and East Sussex Fire and Rescue are currently attending a minor injury road traffic collision on the A27, Falmer, Brighton involving a green Clio and a black Fiesta.
"Road traffic officers were called to the scene, between Ditchling Road and Falmer, at around 8.15am.
"The central reservation has been damaged and lane two going eastbound appears to be blocked."
Those returning to work on the trains are having a better morning with Southern Rail reporting only one issue.
The 9:38 Haywards Heath to Littlehampton train due at 10:28 has been cancelled due to a fault.
- Greater Brighton "City Deal" signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
- Police investigating report woman, 19, was raped in Crawley churchyard
Comments are closed on this article.