Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Lucky escape after Christmas lights set fire to curtains
A homeowner has had a lucky escape after his Christmas lights set fire to his curtains.
The man, who lives in Adelaide Crescent, Hove, was alerted to the blaze in the early hours of this morning (December 31) by his smoke alarm.
Firefighters were at the scene around 12:15am by which time the resident had managed to put out the blaze.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue reiterated the importance of maintaining a smoke alarm and turning off Christmas lights at night.