Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Teenager fights for life after Brighton seafront crash
A 19-year-old woman was fighting for her life in hospital this morning after she was knocked down by a van on Brighton seafront.
The teenager was hit by a white Vauxhall Movano van shortly before 11.10pm at the junction of King's Road and West Street.
She was on foot and the van was driving west at the time.
Police closed the road for two hours while they investigated.
The driver of the van, a 33-year-old man living locally, was unhurt. No arrests were made.
The woman, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital by ambulance.
Her condition was described as critical.
*Did you see what happened? Tell us your story.
Call The Argus on 01273 544520 or email email@example.com
- Kemp Town school founder commemorated with blue plaque
- Flasher in Chichester wanted by police
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems