Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Crews called to tackle Churchill Square fire
7:54am Wednesday 2nd January 2013 in News
Firefighters were called to a shopping centre in the early hours of this morning (January 2) after a heater set on fire.
Crews arrived at Brighton’s Churchill Square centre shortly after 4.30am after being alerted by an automatic fire alarm.
One of the facility’s electrical emersion systems had overheated and melted - causing smoke to fill the maintenance room.
The small blaze was quickly put out with no reported injuries.