Hospital workers who have not been paid for four weeks will stage a demonstration today (January 7).
Hundreds of low paid cleaning, catering and portering staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton and the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath claim to have been left without chunks of their pay packet for the fourth week in a row since private company Sodexo took over.
The GMB union said members would be staging a protest outside the Brighton hospital from 9.30am this morning.
GMB regional organiser Gary Palmer said: "This is clearly unacceptable and we demand urgent action.
"It is the worst time of the year for people to be missing chunks of their pay.
"It is about time Sodexo started to stand by its promises instead of making hard-working staff suffer.
"We will be looking at submitting employment tribunal claims in the coming days."
In a seperate dispute with the company, GMB is also holding a ballot for industrial action over plans to make redundancies on site.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Remains of murder victim Mark Manning found
- Killer broke down in tears when he saw tarot card of the devil
- Sandy beach could open up to the public once again
- School: We will not kill vixen and her cubs
- Naked bike ride picture REMOVED from station's gallery after complaint