A Staffordshire bull terrier will be hoping to be part of a rags to riches story after being named Cinderella.
The dog was abandoned on the A23 in Brighton just before Christmas.
Cinderella was taken in by animal welfare officers at Brighton and Hove City Council and is waiting to be rehomed.
Three other Staffies have joined her having been dumped at various locations over the festive season.
They are Domino, left in a park in Hangleton, Bailey, and Bess, left at the RSPCA premises.
Maggi Hollands, animal welfare officer for Brighton and Hove City Council, said: “It’s heartbreaking to see animals abandoned over Christmas. These are all female and very sweet and friendly.
“Bailey and Bess are older dogs. We hope we can find loving homes for all of them.”
If you think you can offer these dogs a home and would like to find out more about them, contact Animal Welfare on 01273 293299.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Heartbreak for family as mother, 46, loses fight for life
- House fire tackled by six crews
- Crash between motorbike and car causes severe delays on coast road
- Thieves steal charity cash from vicar’s bag
- Man died after trying 'legal high' cigarette