A Brighton-based dance group are due to star on the Sky1 show Got To Dance which started last night (January 6).
Parkour performance group The Urban Playground Team entered the competition to expose their newly created and reasonably unknown dance style, Performance-Parkour.
It has been developed by the group with Malik Diouf, from the original Parkour group Yamakasi.
The six-member group dances to music which has been composed especially for the group by Chris Umney, originally from Brighton, who is now based in Germany.
This series sees JLS star Aston Merrygold join returning judges Kimberly Wyatt and Diversity dancer Ashley Banjo to search for Britain and Ireland’s best new dance act, who will win £250,000.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern passengers call for Theresa May to intervene in rail dispute
- Southern accused of cancelling trains when crews available
- Skills festival to celebrate city’s digital talent
- Woman fined for dumping 30 bags of rubbish
- Nurse celebrates retirement after clocking up 41 years on the job