Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
FOUND: 12-year-old boy goes missing in Uckfield
Police have found a 12-year-old schoolboy who went missing in Uckfield this morning safe and well.
Henry Clayson was wearing his pyjamas and school shoes when he disappeared from his Uckfield home at 6.30 this morning.
He was spotted walking through the town centre by a driver, who called the police.
Police mounted a full-scale search of the town when Henry disappeared.
The 5ft 5in schoolboy from New Road was also wearing a distinctive bronze puffa coat.
Local people were asked to check their gardens, sheds and garages and dog walkers were also asked to keep an eye out.
A police helicopter was hovering over the Harlands Estate before being called to the town centre when a Twitter user spotted the schoolboy.
When the search started sergeant Simon Kind from Uckfield police said: "Henry's disappearance is completely out of character and his family is understandably very concerned.
"We are deploying a significant number of officers to the search, but I would ask everyone to keep an eye out for him."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- £79 million plans for City College Brighton and Hove approved by councillors
- Jury in rent boy murder trial retire for fourth day
- Shoreham lifeboat heroes clock up 50 years at sea
- Supreme Court judges allow Scientology wedding
Comments are closed on this article.