Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
FOUND: 12-year-old boy goes missing in Uckfield
Police have found a 12-year-old schoolboy who went missing in Uckfield this morning safe and well.
Henry Clayson was wearing his pyjamas and school shoes when he disappeared from his Uckfield home at 6.30 this morning.
He was spotted walking through the town centre by a driver, who called the police.
Police mounted a full-scale search of the town when Henry disappeared.
The 5ft 5in schoolboy from New Road was also wearing a distinctive bronze puffa coat.
Local people were asked to check their gardens, sheds and garages and dog walkers were also asked to keep an eye out.
A police helicopter was hovering over the Harlands Estate before being called to the town centre when a Twitter user spotted the schoolboy.
When the search started sergeant Simon Kind from Uckfield police said: "Henry's disappearance is completely out of character and his family is understandably very concerned.
"We are deploying a significant number of officers to the search, but I would ask everyone to keep an eye out for him."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Witnesses describe moment pedestrian is killed by a police car on the A259
- Off his Beachy Head: man dangles legs over precipice of crumbling cliffs
- Brighton Women's Centre marks 40 years of caring for and empowering women
- Man flees after drinking "potentially fatal" amount of anti-freeze
- Big Lemon Bus Company to face public inquiry over safety
Comments are closed on this article.