Police searching for a man missing from his home since Sunday have found a body.
Martin O'Boyle left Brantridge Lane in Balcombe without any personal belongings.
The 46-year-old was last seen at 10pm on Sunday and was reported missing to the police on Monday afternoon.
Chief Inspector Jon Hull, district commander of Mid Sussex, said: "Shortly before 2pm [today] officers searching for missing Martin O'Boyle sadly discovered the body of a man in his 40s in woodland at Branches Lane, Balcombe.
"Although formal identification has not yet taken place it is believed that the body is that of Mr O'Boyle.
"Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time and I would request that their privacy is respected."
The circumstances surrounding his death are not being treated as suspicious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- RAF station commander leads tributes to pilots killed in light aircraft crash
- Man accused of murdering retired solicitor to go on trial
- Surf instructor who died aged 21 was "the best soul", friends say
- Carer still in profession despite lacing juice and porridge with laxatives
- It's full steam ahead for Albion's £170 million game