Police searching for a man missing from his home since Sunday have found a body.
Martin O'Boyle left Brantridge Lane in Balcombe without any personal belongings.
The 46-year-old was last seen at 10pm on Sunday and was reported missing to the police on Monday afternoon.
Chief Inspector Jon Hull, district commander of Mid Sussex, said: "Shortly before 2pm [today] officers searching for missing Martin O'Boyle sadly discovered the body of a man in his 40s in woodland at Branches Lane, Balcombe.
"Although formal identification has not yet taken place it is believed that the body is that of Mr O'Boyle.
"Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time and I would request that their privacy is respected."
The circumstances surrounding his death are not being treated as suspicious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bexhill sees 825 people do the Charleston at the same time - but it isn't quite a world record
- Nearly 200 fans expected for exhibition of never-before-seen photographs of David Bowie on tour
- Missing Melissa Everest 'coming home' after fears she was in Tunisia with estranged husband against her will
- Homeless figures more than double in four years
- Zoo play supervisor is preparing for the trip of a lifetime to raise money for a breast cancer charity.