Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
TGI's plan is on for Brighton
10:50am Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
TGI Friday’s bosses have reaffirmed their plans to open a restaurant in Brighton city centre after they pulled out of a council licensing meeting last week.
The American group postponed plans for a new branch of the chain in the Old Post Office building in Ship Street because it is currently occupied by squatters.
David Carroll, TGI Friday’s UK director of acquisitions and development, said: “We are still planning to bring TGI Friday’s to Brighton, however we are currently delayed with our plans due to a few technicalities.
“The Ship Street site is still of interest to us and we hope to open in the near future – bringing the Friday’s experience to the city.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Special report: Will your MP take an 11% pay rise?
- Jury continues deliberations in rent boy 'murder'
- Wife of jailed Brighton marine ‘overwhelmed’ by support
- Bird species in sharp decline in Sussex
- Father Scotty McGill tells of horror after being attacked by machete in street
Comments are closed on this article.