TGI Friday’s bosses have reaffirmed their plans to open a restaurant in Brighton city centre after they pulled out of a council licensing meeting last week.
The American group postponed plans for a new branch of the chain in the Old Post Office building in Ship Street because it is currently occupied by squatters.
David Carroll, TGI Friday’s UK director of acquisitions and development, said: “We are still planning to bring TGI Friday’s to Brighton, however we are currently delayed with our plans due to a few technicalities.
“The Ship Street site is still of interest to us and we hope to open in the near future – bringing the Friday’s experience to the city.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Fire takes hold at historic seafront bath house
- 75-year-old woman mugged in her own home
- December is the worst month for road deaths in Sussex this year with scores of crashes and casualties this week
- ‘Death trap’ cycle lane claims fourth victim
- Interim worker cost double the money of sacked housing chief