Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
TGI's plan is on for Brighton
10:50am Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
TGI Friday’s bosses have reaffirmed their plans to open a restaurant in Brighton city centre after they pulled out of a council licensing meeting last week.
The American group postponed plans for a new branch of the chain in the Old Post Office building in Ship Street because it is currently occupied by squatters.
David Carroll, TGI Friday’s UK director of acquisitions and development, said: “We are still planning to bring TGI Friday’s to Brighton, however we are currently delayed with our plans due to a few technicalities.
“The Ship Street site is still of interest to us and we hope to open in the near future – bringing the Friday’s experience to the city.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Man gets head stuck in window after locking himself out
- Bid for test drilling for oil and shale gas at Sussex village rejected
- More use of stingers to halt getaway cars on Sussex's roads
- Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm
Comments are closed on this article.