TGI Friday’s bosses have reaffirmed their plans to open a restaurant in Brighton city centre after they pulled out of a council licensing meeting last week.
The American group postponed plans for a new branch of the chain in the Old Post Office building in Ship Street because it is currently occupied by squatters.
David Carroll, TGI Friday’s UK director of acquisitions and development, said: “We are still planning to bring TGI Friday’s to Brighton, however we are currently delayed with our plans due to a few technicalities.
“The Ship Street site is still of interest to us and we hope to open in the near future – bringing the Friday’s experience to the city.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man in custody after bar explosion
- Plea to place more restrictions on multiple occupant homes in Brighton
- Pedestrian killed by lorry on busy A-road
- Critics says radical Brighton road scheme is not good enough
- Apprentice candidates storm Brighton