Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Albion matchday parking scheme on streets around The Amex approved by Coldean and Moulscoomb residents
4:30pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
A parking permit scheme designed to keep residential streets clear during Albion match days has received the backing of residents.
People living in Coldean and Moulsecoomb have voted in favour of a parking scheme in their neighbourhoods during match days and large events at American Express Community Stadium.
Consultation of 4,000 residents and businesses carried out in the autumn revealed that more than three-quarters of Coldean residents and more than two thirds in Moulsecoomb responded favourably to bringing the scheme.
Members on the council’s transport committee will have final say on the plans next week, which will affect nearly 80 streets.
If agreed, the residents’ parking scheme could be in place by June in time for summer events and the start of the 2013/14 football season.
The move has been proposed to prevent Seagulls’ supporters parking close to the stadium in unofficial parking areas.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hopping on a bus is just the ticket in Brighton and Hove
- Eastbourne dad Benjamin Curtis convicted of killing toddler daughter Ocean Elliott
- Looking back: Public protests bear a striking resemblance
- £84,750 in injury claims paid out to East Sussex County Council staff
- i360 viewing tower build starting soon on Brighton seafront