Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex jobs could go as Jessops goes into administration
2:31pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
The future of employees at Sussex's seven Jessops stores hangs in the balance as it was reported the company is in administration.
The chain - Britain's only specialist nationwide camera retailer with nearly 200 stores - reportedly announced earlier this week that 15 of its stores would close this year.
It means workers at stores including Brighton, Worthing, Chichester and Hastings will be nervously awaiting the news to discover if their jobs are at risk.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has been appointed as administrators.
Jessops, which has its headquarters in Leicester, has suffered in recent years from online competition and the boom in camera phones, which has hit demand for digital cameras.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Man gets head stuck in window after locking himself out
- More use of stingers to halt getaway cars on Sussex's roads
- Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm
- Anger as new figures show just two people prosecuted for Fly-tipping in Brighton and Hove in a year
Comments are closed on this article.