Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex jobs could go as Jessops goes into administration
2:31pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
The future of employees at Sussex's seven Jessops stores hangs in the balance as it was reported the company is in administration.
The chain - Britain's only specialist nationwide camera retailer with nearly 200 stores - reportedly announced earlier this week that 15 of its stores would close this year.
It means workers at stores including Brighton, Worthing, Chichester and Hastings will be nervously awaiting the news to discover if their jobs are at risk.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has been appointed as administrators.
Jessops, which has its headquarters in Leicester, has suffered in recent years from online competition and the boom in camera phones, which has hit demand for digital cameras.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
- Pensioner's car mounts pavement, hits pedestrian and crashes into road sign
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Huge step for i360 as first ground is broken
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
Comments are closed on this article.