The future of employees at Sussex's seven Jessops stores hangs in the balance as it was reported the company is in administration.
The chain - Britain's only specialist nationwide camera retailer with nearly 200 stores - reportedly announced earlier this week that 15 of its stores would close this year.
It means workers at stores including Brighton, Worthing, Chichester and Hastings will be nervously awaiting the news to discover if their jobs are at risk.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has been appointed as administrators.
Jessops, which has its headquarters in Leicester, has suffered in recent years from online competition and the boom in camera phones, which has hit demand for digital cameras.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Shana Grice: Police release murder suspect on bail
- We’ll all miss fun-loving, incredible family man
- Restaurant raided by immigration officials: We checked worker’s documents
- Blaze-hit school’s pupils to remain in town during repair
- Cinema site is secured following arson attack