The future of employees at Sussex's seven Jessops stores hangs in the balance as it was reported the company is in administration.
The chain - Britain's only specialist nationwide camera retailer with nearly 200 stores - reportedly announced earlier this week that 15 of its stores would close this year.
It means workers at stores including Brighton, Worthing, Chichester and Hastings will be nervously awaiting the news to discover if their jobs are at risk.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has been appointed as administrators.
Jessops, which has its headquarters in Leicester, has suffered in recent years from online competition and the boom in camera phones, which has hit demand for digital cameras.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia
- VIDEO: Fire on railway tracks delays commuters
- GPs raise fears on homeless deaths
- Insurers set to expand Hove staff by 500 in next four years
- 'Jealous' man guilty of murdering his ex-partner by stabbing her 23 times