Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex jobs could go as Jessops goes into administration
2:31pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
The future of employees at Sussex's seven Jessops stores hangs in the balance as it was reported the company is in administration.
The chain - Britain's only specialist nationwide camera retailer with nearly 200 stores - reportedly announced earlier this week that 15 of its stores would close this year.
It means workers at stores including Brighton, Worthing, Chichester and Hastings will be nervously awaiting the news to discover if their jobs are at risk.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has been appointed as administrators.
Jessops, which has its headquarters in Leicester, has suffered in recent years from online competition and the boom in camera phones, which has hit demand for digital cameras.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Mother of fallen soldier brands Woolwich attackers "attention seekers"
- Seaford parents warned to keep eye on children after break-in
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks