The ArgusFresh appeal launched by convicted sex offender (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Former Sussex cricket launches appeal against sex abuse conviction

A former Sussex cricketer who was jailed for child abuse is launching a fresh attempt to quash his conviction.

Uday Joshi was sent to prison for six years in March last year after being found guilty of sexually molesting a boy more than 30 years ago.

Last month the 68-year-old’s appeal was dismissed by the Belfast Court of Appeal, but he is now asking the Criminal Cases Review Commission to investigate his case.

Mr Joshi’s son, Aakash, said: “All of my family and my father’s friends and supporters know he is innocent and we remain fully committed to doing everything we can to clear his name.”

See the latest news headlines from The Argus:

More news from The Argus

Follow @brightonargus

The Argus: Daily Echo on Facebook - facebook.com/southerndailyecho Like us on Facebook

The Argus: Google+ Add us to your circles on Google+

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:50pm Wed 9 Jan 13

lorrie1 says...

Innocent my a**e!
Innocent my a**e! lorrie1
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree