A former Sussex cricketer who was jailed for child abuse is launching a fresh attempt to quash his conviction.
Uday Joshi was sent to prison for six years in March last year after being found guilty of sexually molesting a boy more than 30 years ago.
Last month the 68-year-old’s appeal was dismissed by the Belfast Court of Appeal, but he is now asking the Criminal Cases Review Commission to investigate his case.
Mr Joshi’s son, Aakash, said: “All of my family and my father’s friends and supporters know he is innocent and we remain fully committed to doing everything we can to clear his name.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Teenager's 16th birthday party shut down by police after gatecrasher chaos
- The gloves are coming off! It's the battle of the tourist attractions as the Brighton Wheel takes on the i360
- Brighton and Hove bus company announce fare increases - but not for all passengers
- RSPCA search for the purrfect new home
- Charity set up by Body Shop founder under investigation over grants