A former Sussex cricketer who was jailed for child abuse is launching a fresh attempt to quash his conviction.
Uday Joshi was sent to prison for six years in March last year after being found guilty of sexually molesting a boy more than 30 years ago.
Last month the 68-year-old’s appeal was dismissed by the Belfast Court of Appeal, but he is now asking the Criminal Cases Review Commission to investigate his case.
Mr Joshi’s son, Aakash, said: “All of my family and my father’s friends and supporters know he is innocent and we remain fully committed to doing everything we can to clear his name.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Tourist arrested on terrorism charge for taking a selfie video at Churchill Square
- Southern Railway staff to strike for five days
- Southern Rail engineers to strike for five days
- i360 critic ends petition in shock U-turn over project
- Disruption on Southern Trains after breakdown at Haywards Heath