Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Former Sussex cricket launches appeal against sex abuse conviction
5:50pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
A former Sussex cricketer who was jailed for child abuse is launching a fresh attempt to quash his conviction.
Uday Joshi was sent to prison for six years in March last year after being found guilty of sexually molesting a boy more than 30 years ago.
Last month the 68-year-old’s appeal was dismissed by the Belfast Court of Appeal, but he is now asking the Criminal Cases Review Commission to investigate his case.
Mr Joshi’s son, Aakash, said: “All of my family and my father’s friends and supporters know he is innocent and we remain fully committed to doing everything we can to clear his name.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man crushed to death in rubbish bin
- UPDATE: Traffic chaos as subsidence hits seafront road
- Officer numbers to fall as part of £81 million target for police cuts
- Knives and airguns just some of the weapons found in schools
- Father may travel to Syria to find his sons
Comments are closed on this article.