A leading crossword creator has compiled a Brighton-inspired puzzle with the help of residents.
To mark the centenary year of the crossword, Brighton resident and professional puzzle setter John Halpern has worked with residents to create a city-based puzzle exclusively for The Argus.
The 45-year-old is looking to hold events across the country to mark the birthday and has been invited to events in Gibraltar, Oxford and New York throughout the year.
The crossword will appear in Friday’s paper (January 11) and the correct answers and names of all readers that send a successfully completed crossword grid will appear in The Argus the following Friday (January 18).
Please send your completed crossword with your name, address and contact number to Brighton Crossword, Marketing Department, The Argus, Argus House, Crowhurst Road, Hollingbury, Brighton BN1 8AR by Wednesday, January 16.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You silly little boy: Police organise meeting with family of teenager who mocked deaths of Leeds fans in online picture
- Brighton bus services saved after company and council come to agreement
- Brighton's Dungeon Bar will have beer and bondage but will be a "safe place for people to explore their sexual desires"
- Pervert jailed for making indecent images of kids
- Death of five-year-old boy who drowned in pool while on family holiday deemed accidental