Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Worthing school waits for thumbs up to extend
7:40am Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
School expansion plans are set to get the go-ahead.
West Sussex County Council’s planning committee is to consider the plans for Thomas A Becket Middle School in Glebeside Avenue, Worthing.
This is to ensure it can provide an additional 240 pupil places, increasing the school from six forms of entry to eight by 2014.
The changes, which include creating a new entrance, dining area and two-storey extension, are needed to accommodate the increasing population in the borough.
It will also see the local authority’s former Southern Area Professional Centre refurbished and linked to the school.
The plans are recommended for approval but the final decision will be made at its meeting on Tuesday, January 15 at County Hall in Chichester at 10.30am.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Sussex artists put their skills on show
- Sussex's sewage will become drinking water under new plans