School expansion plans are set to get the go-ahead.
West Sussex County Council’s planning committee is to consider the plans for Thomas A Becket Middle School in Glebeside Avenue, Worthing.
This is to ensure it can provide an additional 240 pupil places, increasing the school from six forms of entry to eight by 2014.
The changes, which include creating a new entrance, dining area and two-storey extension, are needed to accommodate the increasing population in the borough.
It will also see the local authority’s former Southern Area Professional Centre refurbished and linked to the school.
The plans are recommended for approval but the final decision will be made at its meeting on Tuesday, January 15 at County Hall in Chichester at 10.30am.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Live blog: Brighton and Hove City Council budget 2017/18
- Storm Doris: Live updates as 70mph winds are expected in Sussex
- Cyclist, 68, dies after being found with serious head injuries
- Exclusion zone put in place after 'bomb' found near leisure centre
- UPDATED: Lady Colin Campbell found guilty over three-car pile-up