Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Electric box explodes in Shoreham
10:40am Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
A ‘loud strange noise’ followed by a bang echoed through the streets of Shoreham.
Staff at estate agent Warwick Baker heard the explosion and then spotted smoke pouring out of a green electrical box on the street opposite.
Fire crews from Shoreham were called to the junction of Western Road and Brunswick Road at about 3.30pm on Tuesday, January 8, but the box was not on fire.
A company spokeswoman said: “Although the fault did not initially affect electricity supplies, we had to isolate power supplies to 14 customers in the area, from 6.54pm to 8pm, in order to complete repairs.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Your Interview: headteacher of King's CoE School Hove Mr Steve Flavin
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Jeremy Forrest - accused of abducting schoolgirl - will not give evidence