Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Digging in at Kings Road arches
11:10am Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
Diggers have been getting down and dirty as they start work on a major renovation project.
Two months into the project to replace the 120-year-old Kings Road Arches in Brighton, construction workers are making headway into the seafront project.
The work to rebuild, strengthen and refurbish the historic arches which began on Monday, November 5, and is estimated to last for the best part of a year.
During the project the upper promenade will be closed to all public access between Alfresco’s restaurant and the West Pier.
New road crossings for pedestrians and cyclists are being provided including an alternative short diversion via the new signalled crossing by the Regency Square car park.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Author Peter James 'lucky to be alive' following 70mph racing crash
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day
- Police investigate spate of car crime across Sussex
- Sussex Police get Chinese book of sayings as thank you gift