Hundreds of schoolchildren took part in the official launch of the Brighton Marathon's Shlurp! Mini Mile Races.
More than 2,000 youngsters are expected to sign up for the races, which cover the last mile of the marathon route and take place on the morning of marathon day on April 14.
Students were joined by Commonwealth medallist Stephanie Twell and Olympian Richard Nerurkar for yesterday's launch at Blatchington Mill School in Hove.
See more photographs in The Argus picture gallery: www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2013/minimile
Entry is £9.50 and a late entry fee of £15 will be charged from March onwards.
The races are open to anyone between the ages of seven and 17. Visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- WITH VIDEO: Search for missing teen after two men rescued from sea in 'life-threatening' condition
- Woman handed restraining order banning her from contacting gynaecologist
- PICTURES: Hundreds take part in Trans Pride parade
- Mum given just weeks to live determined to ‘fight this with everything’
- Car goes up in smoke at shopping centre - fire crews tackle it in two-hour job