Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Launching the mini mile with Brighton and Hove schoolchildren
4:30pm Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
Hundreds of schoolchildren took part in the official launch of the Brighton Marathon's Shlurp! Mini Mile Races.
More than 2,000 youngsters are expected to sign up for the races, which cover the last mile of the marathon route and take place on the morning of marathon day on April 14.
Students were joined by Commonwealth medallist Stephanie Twell and Olympian Richard Nerurkar for yesterday's launch at Blatchington Mill School in Hove.
See more photographs in The Argus picture gallery: www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2013/minimile
Entry is £9.50 and a late entry fee of £15 will be charged from March onwards.
The races are open to anyone between the ages of seven and 17. Visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Teenager dies after being hit by train
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Detectives treating blaze as suspicious
- Cameron tells Eastbourne council: Spend £2 million how you want
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Business owners were uninsured
- Man dies after his dog is involved in a fight
Comments are closed on this article.