Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Launching the mini mile with Brighton and Hove schoolchildren
4:30pm Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
Hundreds of schoolchildren took part in the official launch of the Brighton Marathon's Shlurp! Mini Mile Races.
More than 2,000 youngsters are expected to sign up for the races, which cover the last mile of the marathon route and take place on the morning of marathon day on April 14.
Students were joined by Commonwealth medallist Stephanie Twell and Olympian Richard Nerurkar for yesterday's launch at Blatchington Mill School in Hove.
See more photographs in The Argus picture gallery: www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2013/minimile
Entry is £9.50 and a late entry fee of £15 will be charged from March onwards.
The races are open to anyone between the ages of seven and 17. Visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Robber jailed after break-in was transmitted via Xbox
- Family announce the death of actress Dora Bryan
- Man dies after collapse outside restaurant
- Van driver airlifted to hospital after crash
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
Comments are closed on this article.