Hundreds of schoolchildren took part in the official launch of the Brighton Marathon's Shlurp! Mini Mile Races.
More than 2,000 youngsters are expected to sign up for the races, which cover the last mile of the marathon route and take place on the morning of marathon day on April 14.
Students were joined by Commonwealth medallist Stephanie Twell and Olympian Richard Nerurkar for yesterday's launch at Blatchington Mill School in Hove.
See more photographs in The Argus picture gallery: www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2013/minimile
Entry is £9.50 and a late entry fee of £15 will be charged from March onwards.
The races are open to anyone between the ages of seven and 17. Visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Anti-terrorism officers carry out search on Brighton property
- Michael Lane jailed for 25 years for the murder of Shana Grice
- Judge criticises Sussex Police for "jumping to conclusions" over Shana's complaints
- Man attacked with machete in flat suffers serious injury
- Shana's family 'very relieved' over 'long and deserved prison sentence' for Lane