Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Launching the mini mile with Brighton and Hove schoolchildren
4:30pm Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
Hundreds of schoolchildren took part in the official launch of the Brighton Marathon's Shlurp! Mini Mile Races.
More than 2,000 youngsters are expected to sign up for the races, which cover the last mile of the marathon route and take place on the morning of marathon day on April 14.
Students were joined by Commonwealth medallist Stephanie Twell and Olympian Richard Nerurkar for yesterday's launch at Blatchington Mill School in Hove.
See more photographs in The Argus picture gallery: www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2013/minimile
Entry is £9.50 and a late entry fee of £15 will be charged from March onwards.
The races are open to anyone between the ages of seven and 17. Visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £30m redevelopment plans revealed for two Sussex hospitals
- New map reveals 20mph zone for Brighton and Hove
- Phoenix the cat from Arundel survives tumble dryer trip
- Next year's Pride looks to go international with Freedom to Live theme
- Fire service to slash budget by almost a fifth in five years - but plans discussed in private
Comments are closed on this article.