Concrete plant plans are to be approved – despite locals fearing it will create too much noise.
Developers want to extend temporary permission for its aggregate site in New Wharf, Brighton Road, Shoreham, by three years.
West Sussex County Council’s planning committee is set to approve the plans, “given the lack of alternative uses for the site coming forward in the immediate future”.
But Adur District Council has opposed it adding it will have an “adverse impact of noise on residents”.
It also wants the applicant, which deals with about 120,000 tonnes a year, to pay for damage to the harbour wall.
A decision will be made on Tuesday, January 15 at a meeting in County Hall, Chichester.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hove man left with horrible facial injuries after gang of thugs attack him in street
- GALLERY: Spectacular sunset seen across Sussex
- Cranes prepare to demolish gutted arcade on Eastbourne Pier
- VIDEO: Police catch drug driver who can't walk in a straight line
- Saltdean Lido needs your help today in phone-in competition