Concrete plant plans are to be approved – despite locals fearing it will create too much noise.
Developers want to extend temporary permission for its aggregate site in New Wharf, Brighton Road, Shoreham, by three years.
West Sussex County Council’s planning committee is set to approve the plans, “given the lack of alternative uses for the site coming forward in the immediate future”.
But Adur District Council has opposed it adding it will have an “adverse impact of noise on residents”.
It also wants the applicant, which deals with about 120,000 tonnes a year, to pay for damage to the harbour wall.
A decision will be made on Tuesday, January 15 at a meeting in County Hall, Chichester.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- 'I've been chucked on the scrap heap' - first BHS in Sussex closes
- Actress Honeysuckle Weeks found safe and well
- Albion fans face disruption getting to first competitive home games of the season
- Sisters meet for first time in more than 40 years
- Fight Isis terror with parade of Pride