Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Alarms alerts Brighton family to electrical fire
7:20am Friday 11th January 2013 in News
An overheating socket caught alight in a family home in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews were called to Brading Road in Brighton, where the family had been woken by their smoke alarm at about 5.15am.
The small electrical fire was out when fire crews from Brighton arrived.
Crew manager Andy Cornfield said: "This reiterates the importance of having a working fire alarm."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Jeremy Forrest's 'caring nature' led to his troubles, his sister claims
- Homes powered by £500k solar farm
- Brightonand Hove rangers get to work
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Number of A&E patients in Sussex is rising