Alarms alerts Brighton family to electrical fire

Alarms alerts Brighton family to electrical fire

Alarms alerts Brighton family to electrical fire

First published in News

An overheating socket caught alight in a family home in the early hours of this morning.

Fire crews were called to Brading Road in Brighton, where the family had been woken by their smoke alarm at about 5.15am.

The small electrical fire was out when fire crews from Brighton arrived.

Crew manager Andy Cornfield said: "This reiterates the importance of having a working fire alarm."

See the latest news headlines from The Argus:

More news from The Argus

Follow @brightonargus

The Argus: Daily Echo on Facebook - facebook.com/southerndailyecho Like us on Facebook

The Argus: Google+ Add us to your circles on Google+

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:31am Fri 11 Jan 13

Tailgaters Anonymous says...

...and how many electrical appliances had been plugged in to said socket, I wonder?
...and how many electrical appliances had been plugged in to said socket, I wonder? Tailgaters Anonymous
  • Score: 0

9:54am Fri 11 Jan 13

Crystal Ball says...

Tailgaters Anonymous wrote:
...and how many electrical appliances had been plugged in to said socket, I wonder?
How presumptuous.
[quote][p][bold]Tailgaters Anonymous[/bold] wrote: ...and how many electrical appliances had been plugged in to said socket, I wonder?[/p][/quote]How presumptuous. Crystal Ball
  • Score: 0

10:02am Fri 11 Jan 13

funkyyoyo says...

or if the socket was installed by a part p sparky,or a bob a job cowboy! still,a happy ending
or if the socket was installed by a part p sparky,or a bob a job cowboy! still,a happy ending funkyyoyo
  • Score: 0

6:57pm Sun 13 Jan 13

angel95 says...

I really do like the way people make assumptions! There was NOTHING plugged in! And it would be much appreciated if people thought before they wrote their opinions! If that fire had been worse my brother and sister-in-law and young niece and nephew could have been seriously ill so maybe next time think about how WRONG you could possibly be! Its just lucky that my brother managed to put the fire out and save his partner and his children before it got any worse!
I really do like the way people make assumptions! There was NOTHING plugged in! And it would be much appreciated if people thought before they wrote their opinions! If that fire had been worse my brother and sister-in-law and young niece and nephew could have been seriously ill so maybe next time think about how WRONG you could possibly be! Its just lucky that my brother managed to put the fire out and save his partner and his children before it got any worse! angel95
  • Score: 0

8:13pm Sun 13 Jan 13

Lauren2013 says...

This fire happened in my flat, and was not an overloaded socket as mentioned above, it was a storage heater switch which wasn't even on. I live in a building that has had 2 electrical fires in the last six months, and believe me being woken up in the middle of the night by a fire when u have 2 children under the age of 5 is a very scary experience my partner has been very ill as he was the one that put the fire out! So like my sister in law said before u speculate get your facts first!
This fire happened in my flat, and was not an overloaded socket as mentioned above, it was a storage heater switch which wasn't even on. I live in a building that has had 2 electrical fires in the last six months, and believe me being woken up in the middle of the night by a fire when u have 2 children under the age of 5 is a very scary experience my partner has been very ill as he was the one that put the fire out! So like my sister in law said before u speculate get your facts first! Lauren2013
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree