Insurance broker Hastings Direct will today announce the creation of 200 new jobs.
Chief executive officer Gary Hoffman will make the announcement when he meets with Eastbourne MP Stephen Lloyd.
The expansion of the multi-award winning company will see new jobs from entry level to senior management.
In 2012 a customer took out a policy with Hastings every 27 seconds and the company aims to protecting one in ten of the UK population by 2020.
Mr Hoffman said: “At Hastings we are single-minded in our ambition to build a UK business success story, which is a great place to work.
"In recent years the business has grown rapidly from 300,000 customers in February 2009 to over the one million we serve today.
"We are already one of the largest employers in East Sussex, but we have ambitious plans to serve three million customers by 2020 and these 200 extra staff will help us realise this goal.”
Mr Lloyd said: "I am absolutely delighted to congratulate Hastings Direct on its growing success.
"Their announcement of seeking to recruit an additional 200 staff is a tremendous sign of confidence in UK plc.
"With over a million new jobs created in the private sector since May 2010, it is clear that despite the difficult economic environment, there are real growth opportunities out there for quality companies like Hastings Direct.
"I will be working with them to do all I can to ensure Eastbourne and Willingdon residents take up as many of these posts as possible."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Pavilion Gardens in Brighton sealed off after man stabbed in the back
- Volunteers needed for Brighton's Color Run this afternoon
- Parents’ shock at STI tests offered to 15-year-olds in Brighton and Hove schools
- What could be the lasting impact of the Scottish referendum for the people of Sussex be?
- Sussex MP blasts 10% pay rise which would add £7k to their salaries as ‘out of touch’