Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
REOPENED: Van fire closes A27 at Polegate
10:07am Friday 11th January 2013 in News
The A27 has reopened at after a van fire this morning.
Fire crews from Hailsham were called to the blaze near the A2270 at 9.11am today (January 11).
The fire initially closed the road both ways, but eastbound reopened at about 10am before the road reopened entirely at about 10.15am.
Traffic was reported to be queueing in both directions on the road and there were also jams on Grand Parade between Brown Jack Avenue and Reynoldstown Lane as a result of the fire.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Author Peter James 'lucky to be alive' following 70mph racing crash
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day
- Police investigate spate of car crime across Sussex
- Sussex Police get Chinese book of sayings as thank you gift