Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Octopus take centre stage at Brighton Sea Life Centre
4:30pm Saturday 12th January 2013 in News
SOME of the most intelligent creatures of the marine world will take centre stage at Brighton Sea Life Centre next month.
A new £100,000 Octopus Garden feature exhibition will star six different species of octopus and their cousins.
The development follows the centre’s recent £2million refurbishment which has seen the restoration of the world’s oldest operating aquarium.
Pride of place in Octopus Garden will be given to the Giant Pacific Octopus.
This variety of the creature can weigh in at over 15kgs and have an arm-span of up to four metres, as well as being the brainiest octopus of all.
General manager Max Leviston said: “We will also have a common octopus like Paul, the psychic octopus from Oberhausen Sea Life in Germany, who achieved global fame with his eight straight correct World Cup predictions.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man killed in Hove street shooting named as Xhem Krasniqi
- Port alert launched as police hunt for gunman in fatal Hove triple shooting
- Update: Priest jailed for ten years after being convicted of abusing children
- Two Seaford residents reach their 104th birthdays
- Fire engine blocked by badly parked car in Brighton street