A woman whose body was pulled from the sea has been named.
She was Lynne Ashley, 64, from Westbourne Street, Hove.
Mrs Ashley’s body was recovered by lifeboat crew from the sea off Peacehaven early on the afternoon of Friday, January 11.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “The police are not treating the death as suspicious and the coroner's officer is continuing her enquiries. A post-mortem examination is expected to be carried out within the next week.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer
- Man rescued by beach after becoming trapped by rising tide
- Green candidate wins political shoot-out in Lewes