Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Divers leap into River Arun for charity
7:30pm Monday 14th January 2013 in News
Buy this photo » Divers leap into River Arun for charity
These fearless fundraisers took a plunge into freezing cold waters for a good cause.
The brave souls jumped into the chilly River Arun yesterday during the annual Littlehampton Leap.
Scores of warmly wrapped-up onlookers lined the footbridge to watch the daring divers dropping like stones into the water.
Some took on the challenge in fancy dress with two penguins and a superhero among those taking part.
All money raised went to the Littlehampton Carnival Association which raises cash for local charities.
The first jump was organised back in 1982 after the Pen Lee lifeboat disaster in December 1981. Since then over £20,000 has been raised for good causes.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man killed in Hove street shooting named as Xhem Krasniqi
- Port alert launched as police hunt for gunman in fatal Hove triple shooting
- Update: Priest jailed for ten years after being convicted of abusing children
- Newhaven school shells out £24,000 to smarten up pupils
- Two Seaford residents reach their 104th birthdays